Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Get By With a Little Help...

Help and friendship can arrive when least expected.

So I submitted that proposal to do the fly fishing class. Did I think the big cheese would go for it? No. Did it get the stamp of approval? Yes. Did I think many middle school kids would want to learn how to fly fish? No. How many did? Twenty-seven, with more saying they wish they would have turned their form in.Great, now how do you teach flyfishing to 27 kids?

Talk about lucky. Enter Ed Megill. Professional guide and fellow fan of the Nooksack and other rivers. Ed was not only willing to help out, but fired up about it! Well, with the help of Ed and another lucky break from Holly Bulloch, a school mom who knows how to fish and who used to tie professionally, we managed to pull of the first day. Almost all of the kids had a good time (Hopefully the two whiners will go back to the X-Box). And they're excited for more.

Back at it again tomorrow. Look at this weather, it's starting to smell fishy for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment