I have been having an unbelievable summer. One of only a few over the years without classes or workshops. Tons of time in the mountains and on the water. Feels so damn good.
I usually don't write until I get back, but I'm going to make an exception for eskimo food. You read it right, if anyone else reads this.
Been in Nome visiting Doug and Dar. Dar's dad sent her a care package filled with smoked fish, dried fish, seal blubber, and walrus flipper. Got to try them all. The smoked fish was familiar, of coarse. Still not sure what kind of fish it is. The dried pink salmon is also good. The flipper was really rubbery with kind of a sweetish taste, unlike anything I've ever eaten before. The seal blubber had a texture like a raw oyster, but the saste was STRONG! Still can't begin to describe it. Dar warned us that the Dr. Pepper we tried to wash it down with would taste differently after eating eskimo food, and she was right. The blubber will take some getting used to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment