Sunday, October 7, 2012

Election Time. oh boy.

Who to vote for?

They're all full of crap.  Politicians.  The T.V. ads are enough to make anyone hurl.  For years I figured it didn't really matter who was president, the country would just keep rolling along.  W and Iraq changed that.

What would it have been like if the candidate with the most votes in 2000 had actually been awarded the job?  The Republicans would have probably blamed 911 on the Democrats, enough idiots would have believed them, and Bush2 would have been elected anyway, in 2004.

Now, the first stimulus package was started during the Bush2 administration.  If he had been president the last four years would there have still been the two more packages?  What would they have looked like?  More bailouts and tax breaks for the wealthy?  Those Republicans sure were pissed off when much of that money actually made its way back to those of us who pay our taxes.

Sounds like I support the Dems, but I don't.  The only Democrat  I have ever voted for was John Kerry.  I didn't believe he would have made a great president, but I saw our economy headed where it was going, and I would have voted for anyone who had the best chance to beat Bush2.

I didn't vote at all during the Reagan or Bush1 years, because I believed it didn't matter who I voted for.  I liked Billy Bob, but I didn't trust him.  Wrote in Jesse Ventura instead.  I did like Obama, but I didn't think he had the stones to get us out of Iraq, so I wrote in Ralph Nader, who actually had a plan to get us out and balance the budget.  Did I think Nader had a shot?  Of course not, but I slept better knowing I had voted for the candidate who would do the best job.

Now what?  Obama isn't even pretending to attempt to balance the budget.  Romney would screw us all royally to pay back his rich campaign contributors like the Bushes and Regan did.  Nader is too old now.  Jesse has fled to Mexico with his conspiracy theories.  Ron Paul amuses me to no end, but there's no way he would ever get away with implementing the changes he wants.  I think Chuck Turner would do a better job than all of them, but I wouldn't wish that job on Chuck.

So who would have what it takes to get us out of Afghanistan and balance the budget?  Let me know and I'll vote for him.  Or her.


No comments:

Post a Comment