For some reason, it has been rather elusive in my private life lately. Work motivation has been fine so far this year, but at home it's been back to the ol' Sloth and Gluttony. I haven't been watching as much T.V. since the Olympics because it's mostly mindless trash. The computer has been my major downfall, however.
I was listening to a podcast of the Petros and Money show. One of their guests was MMA athlete Ronda Rousy. She put Petros in an arm-bar and it was all funny. Out of curiosity I googled Ronda. Imagine that.
Turns out the girl is a former Olympic judo medalist, so she's got that going for her, which is nice. On her website I watched several of Ronda's Judo and MMA videos. It was inspiring. No, not in a pervo way. Just that the recollections of judo training, and the fitness and pride that accompanied it, came flooding back. Watching these MMA folks training and competing was as inspiring as watching some of my favorite Rocky scenes.
So thanks Ronda. I actually rolled out of bed this morning and got going on a bit of a workout. It's a start. The motivation is here. Now it's a matter of sustaining that motivation.
No comments:
Post a Comment