Sunday, December 8, 2013

Soul Fishing

This is a post I meant to do earlier.


I had recently guided a gentleman from Texas and two of his sons.  The place I took them to was one I wouldn't take local clients.  It could be spoiled too easily.


We had a good talk about favorite rivers.  Sometimes it's not an entire stream, but a certain run on a given river that has an almost indescribable quality that keeps you coming back for more.


There are just some places that reach a little deeper than most.   I call this soul fishing, a term I stole from "soul boarding" which is snow boarding in true, deep, light powder.



After fishing these soulful spots I have always come back happier than when I left, often with a feeling that transcends mere happiness.



Here are a few pictures from one such stream of soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment