Monday, January 25, 2010

Snowshoes and Steelhead

What a weekend! Friday I got to take ten kids from school with Kyle from the Y to Mt. Baker for some snowshoeing and playing around in the snow. We had a blast! Sunny and warm, especially for January, what a fun bunch of kids, and Kyle was stellar as usual. How do you follow that up? Steelhead fishing on the OP. I have gone about as far as my limited flyfishing skills and bag of tricks can go, when it comes to catching steelhead on flies. So I took a workshop from Jim Kerr, in Forks. The guy knows his stuff. Learned a ton, and had my first chance at casting a two-handed rod. No fish caught, but I have a lot more ammo for using the fly rod on the steel. Followed that up by Sunday bobberfest with Tomass and buddy Greg Hart. We all managed to catch fish, topped by Greg's double-digit native buck. What a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment