Even after all of these years, the Olympics still manage to be the best sporting event, period. When I lived in Idaho I thought Salt Lake was close. But these Vancouver games, even though I'm not going to see any of it like I was able to in Park city, really have me watching and rooting. It's strange to think those skating events in Richmond are only a half hour away from work.
It's great to see the events held on ski runs I've skied on, especially the cross country events. It's nice to see hockey played on an NHL rink. It was cool to hear the familiar chants of "LUUUU!" when Luango made a save. It was also fun to root for Pronger for a change. It will also be kinda fun to cheer against the Sedin twins. Hope it's USA vs Canada for gold, but those Russians look tough to beat. Hopefully the smaller rink will work against the Swedes, and they'll play soft like they do in the NHL.
Looking forward to more of it. No border line-ups. What were they thinking?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment