Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Our Parks



I've been up late grading math notebooks and watching a show on our national parks. It occurred to me, after hanging around Canadians for three years and listening to them bash on the U.S. It bugged me, and I've wondered why it bugged me so much.

We are the country that elected sleazebags like Reagan and the Bushes. No they weren't the sexual deviants that Billy Bob is, but they were the ultimate corperate whores. I'm not proud of a nation that declares war at the drop of a hat, just to make profits for defense contractors and oil companies. I'm not proud of a country full of people that points fingers and lifts their noses at others just to feel important and superior. I'm not proud of a country full of people who use religion as a smokescreen to hide the most vile and hideous acts upon other people.

What I'm most proud of is our national parks and our other public lands. I'm proud of what we do to help out those who need help. I'm proud of Lincoln and Roosevelt and Sitting Bull and King. For all of our faults, the fact that we have preserved our most sacred ground for our future generations and have worked to try to achieve social equality for these future generations is what makes me proud to be an American.

So to all of you who want to call us all bad money-mongering aggressive egotists - bite me! And to all of you bastards who want to wrap yourself in the red, white, and blue to push your religions and to make money from killing other people around the world, and who want to deny basic health care to all the people of our country - you can kiss my ass! Same with all of you cold-hearted freaks who think that educating our kids is all about test scores and treating them like dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment