Here I am, 23 years into this profession, 29 years working with kids. The little darlins can still surprise me and I can still get choked up. This morning my plan was head on out right after school for a weekend in the mountains. I'm heading out in a few minutes.
Yesterday I played this kinda corny video for the kids. They really liked it. Today, my afternoon gang asked if I'd play the video again. They started singing and dancing around. It was spontaneous and sincere, not obnoxious, like you often get from middle-schoolers. It's moments like that which remind me why I got into this profession and why I'm still at it.
During the last couple of weeks I've debated whether or not to even to continue this blog. The blog's title doesn't really apply anymore. Thanks to a good talking-to from my doctor late this spring, and thanks to a few weeks this summer with a certain blonde someone who brought passion back to my life, I have lost 35 pounds, am in the process of losing many more, and have ten times more energy than I've had in over five years. It's been like waking up from a long, hazy dream. I'm no longer so interested in parking my ass in front of the computer, and after this summer, I don't think anyone besides me will read this here blog, anyway.
For some reason after our sing-along today, I felt compelled to get this down as soon as I walked through the door. This might be the last hoorah of Days of Sloth and Gluttony, if so, it's not a bad way to go out. If anyone reads this, I hope you like the video.
Happy Trails,
Ken
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment