The women were cool, happy to be out on the water and relaxing in a beautiful setting. The guys were visibly disappointed in the fishing, and for good reason, fishing was slow. I felt like I let them down.
Ed, my friend and new boss did his best to cheer me up over the phone. It was frustrating to let people down. In the end, all you can do is your best. Take the folks to beautiful places, teach them how to cast, and teach them how to catch the fish. Much is still out of the guide's hands.
The last two trips have been an absolute joy. Teaching folks how to fly fish, seeing their happy expressions when they catch fish, and their genuine appreciation of the gorgeous surroundings.
I've been playing around with the digital camera and making movie/slide shows. Here's an example of one of the latest attempt:
No comments:
Post a Comment