This is the first summer I can remember without a big trip. For some reason I just didn't feel like it this year. Granted, money is a little tight and all, but the idea of a long road trip just doesn't do it for me right now. Maybe I'm just tired of doing the long drives solo. The flights to the Ukraine and Nome lost their appeal, too. I've never been much of a homebody, but taking the occasional guiding job and just fishing and hiking around here seems to be enough this year.
Worked in the garage and in the yard, and just kicked back on the back patio under the dogwood tree, with a nice breeze, and listened to good tunes felt pretty damn good. I've already fished more than I would have if I'd gone up to the Damdochax this summer, and I've also lost 12 pounds since school ended. Bizarre.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment