Thursday, May 27, 2010

Season's End

Well, another track season in the books. I'm quite proud of these kids this year. I'm really gonna miss some of these eighth-graders. We had 28 qualify for conference finals, and had a great showing there.

Decided to have an outdoor ice cream party instead of an indoor pizza party. I think we have started a tradition. After the sappy speech from the head coach, the kids descended upon the ice cream like a pack of wolves on an elk.

When the junk food fix was done, it was a free-for-all on the high jump mats. Once again, it makes me so happy to still see kids have fun and entertain themselves without the aid of modern electronics or without one of us to tell them what to do. No arguments, no fights, just a bunch of kids running around enjoying each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment