Sunday, May 2, 2010

Winning the Parent Lottery



I've been working with kids now for close to 30 years now. That's hard to believe and even harder to admit. So I've had a chance to see hundreds if not thousands of parents over the years. Some parents I've admired tremendously, and some have been total pieces of shit who should have never had kids. Most have been somewhere in between the two.

It's led me to be grateful for the two who brought me into the world. Now Mom and Dad are far from perfect, as evidenced by the fact that they are no longer together. But I've been blessed with a mom who has a great sense of humor and who loves her kids and grandkids completely and unconditionally. And I have a dad who will do anything to help those he loves, which is a pretty exclusive list to be on.

I've really been struck by this the last two weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment