Weekends just don't get much better, except the fact that the camera hid on the kitchen table again this weekend.
The ill-planned track meet (the second meet this week) that I was semi-dreading turned out to be a great kick-off to the weekend. Even with one ice pack, two bandages, and a removed splinter (stupid hurts), the meet was a resounding success for the mighty Borderites (what a stupid name for a mascot). The kids competed wonderfully, and the boys 4x100 relay was the most dramatic of the season, as the guys came from dead last to win the race without two of our fastest guys. The girls managed to kick butt in the field events as our list of female runners on the I.R. is increasing.
That was followed up by a 5 1/2 drive to Sandy, Oregon Friday night/Saturday morning. I talked my buddy Ken Hubbard into meeting me there. It seemed like a decent midway point between Bellingham and Eugene. We fished with Marty Sheppard of Little Creek Outfitters. I had met Marty's wife, Mia on the Skagit River this winter, and thought it would be fun to book atrip with them for this spring. Damned glad i did. Hubbbard and I always have fun, but Marty even made it more fun. The guy is the best casting instructor I have worked with. My casting improved a ton, and Ken had fun learning to fish a spey rod for the first time. What a warm, sunny day on the river. Just what the doctor ordered.
After fishing for a while this morning, it was time to head for Buckley for Mother's day with Mom, Tom and Family, and his in-laws. The food, as usual, was way too good, and the company wasn't badd either. It feels like summer. Not yet, dammit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment